Dell Printers are extremely cost-effective and developed for businesses, remote offices, small workgroups, and for personal use as well. With its entry-level, monochrome, laser, and other categories of printers, it is preferred by the organizations of all sizes that seek a fast, high-quality printing machine with a small footprint. Additionally, the industry offers round-the-clock availability of expert Dell support to its users from the different corner of the world to deliver better users experience.
Facilitating users with instant Dell technical support and wireless printing service, Dell has made it much easier to print from a distinct place. Suppose you are sitting in your office and the printer is not beside you, but you need an urgent print. In such a case, you can easily send a print task to the printer that must be connected to a wireless network and you will get a high-quality print in no time.
However, most of the users struggle to connect their Dell printer to a wireless network. If you too are going across the same situation, call on Dell technical support number and an expert technician will guide you with the directions. Alternatively, you can perform the steps below.
To connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS):
- Check all the connection are made firm and right
- Confirm the router and your Dell printer support WPS
- Long press on the WPS button on the printer
- A message will display saying WPS mode is running should appear on the screen
- If any error message appears, call on Dell technical support number to talk to the expert and know the fix of the issue
- Now, Long press on WPS button on the router
- Wait for to 2 minutes and let the devices connect
To confirm, execute a print task to check printer has successfully connected with the wireless network or not. In case not, connect with Dell technical support to find out if there is an issue with the printer or connection.