Technological advancements never fail to surprise us and the same happened with printers. Many renowned brands have developed a wide range of wireless printers. These printers reduce the hassle of connecting through cords, ultimately becoming difficult for a user to set up. When you buy a wireless printer, you just need to establish a Wi-Fi connection, and you are done. So, let’s learn how to set it up without further ado.
Quick steps for canon printer setup
The steps given below are for the canon printer USB setup. Follow these steps if you wish to set up your wired connection for the first time. For this you can directly go to ij.start.canon or follow the steps given below:
- Take out your newly purchased printer from its packaging.
- After this, connect all the cords as described in the manual that came along with it.
- Further, power on your canon printer by giving it power supply.
- Now, after bringing it to the ready state, you need to install its drivers.
- For this, first of all, you need to download the Windows 10 printer drivers from the website given in the manual.
- Here, you need to select the type of connection as a ‘USB cable canon printer setup’.
- After it gets downloaded, click on its icon on the desktop.
- Further, follow some instructions as they appear on your screen and click ‘Next’ until you set it up successfully.
- Finally, you can print a test page and see if you can print it or not.
Canon printer Wi-Fi setup process- Explained
Before starting the process of the canon Pixma printer setup, there are certain pre-requisites concerning the WPS button that should be met. The first pre-requisite is that there should necessarily be a WPS button on the router or access point. You should always read the guide that came with your printer before setting it up. On the other hand, you should see that if there is a physical button present on it or not. Also, you should make sure that your network is using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. After knowing all it, you can start with the following steps:
- First of all, turn on your printer.
- After this, you need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- You can locate it at the top of the printer.
- Hold this until the alarm light flashes.
- Make sure it is flashing blue color.
- Further, go to the access point. Here you need to press the WPS button for a couple of minutes.
- Now, you will see the blue light flashing. This means the printer is searching for a connection.
- Next, you will see that power and Wi-Fi lights are blinking when it tries to establish a connection with the access point.
- When you see that this light has stopped flashing and remains lit, then you will get to know that your printer is connected successfully.
- You can now start printing wirelessly with your canon printer.
These steps are applicable to all Wireless canon printers including canon Pixma mx492, canon mx490, canon ts3122, canon mx492 printer, canon mg2522 printer, Canon mg3620, and Canon mg2920.
For user-manual and setting up your printer online or to learn more about Canon printers including frequently asked questions, you can visit www.canon.com-ijsetup.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up my canon wireless printer?
- First of all, turn on the printer and press and hold the Wi-Fi button until it starts to blink
- Further, on your router, hold the press the WPS button for 2 minutes
- Now, wait until the flashlight stops blinking and remains on
- How to set up a canon printer on mac?
- Begin by turning on your printer and select wireless connection during the setup process
- After this, enter the password for your network
- From your mac device, select the ‘Apple’ menu
- Now, select the software update option
- From ‘System Preferences’, select ‘Print & Scan’ option
- Further, click on the ‘+’ button and click ‘Add a printer or scanner’
- In the ‘IP address’ add the IP details of your printer
- Click ‘Add’ after completing the procedure
How to connect canon mg3620 printer to Wi-Fi?
- Firstly, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the Canon printer
- You need to do it until the ON light starts to flash
- Further, you need to press the Color button
- After that, press the Wi-Fi button
- Now, ensure that the Wi-Fi light is flashing
- Also, make sure the ON light is lit
- In the end, follow some on-screen instructions to install the printer drivers