In this article, you will get the basic details on how to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi. If you connect the printer properly, it will allow you to print from a computer on the same network without having to attach it with the computer. Before connecting HP Printer to Wi-Fi, ensure that your printer is capable of connecting to the Internet.
Manual procedure to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
Before continuing with the procedure, make sure you install the printer on your computer. To do so, connect the printer to the computer via the USB cable and allow it to install the software automatically or you can install it with the installation CD.
- Turn on your printer by connecting it to the Power socket and pressing the power button.
- If your printer has a touch screen, you need to activate it. If it is not so, you may need to connect it to the wireless network through the software setup process. If it is already installed, then you may need to uninstall the printer and reinstall it again so that you can establish a wireless connection. You may also take help of the HP Printer Assistant to resolve minor issues with your HP Printer.
- In this step, you have to select the setup which varies depending on the type of your printer.
- Scroll down or to the right to find the setup option or select wireless option, if it is there.
- Now, you have to select the desired network to open the wireless settings.
- Tap on the “Wireless Network Wizard” option and this will ask the printer to begin searching for wireless networks.
- Tap on the wireless network name which you assigned to your wireless network at the time of creating it.
- In case you are unable to find the name of your wireless network, you might see the router original name or the manufacturer’s name instead.
- In the above situation, you can also scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the search page and enter your network’s name in the field.
- In this step, you have to type in the network’s password which you use to log in to the Wi-Fi network. In case you have the WPS button on the router, you can press and hold the button for a while.
- Tap on the “Done” option to save the credentials. Now, the printer will begin connecting to the network.
- Select the “OK” option when prompted.
- Try to print a test page over your wireless network. If you are unable to do so, continue to the next procedure.
Troubleshoot“HP Printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi” issue
It is possible that you might have committed a mistake while installing the Printer on your device. You may also have connected the printer to the Wi-Fi in the wrong manner. In this situation, do as described. Before you install the printer software and connect it to Wi-Fi, do check its minimum requirements. To connect your printer to a wireless network, you need to check the following items:
- Establish a strong connection between printer and the Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi is giving internet access correctly. It is recommended that you use broadband Internet access for getting the printer updates.
- Ensure that the router and computer are turned on and it is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
- After setting up the printer, feed the papers in the input tray and install ink cartridges correctly if you want hassle-free printing.
- Place the printer close to the router so that it doesn’t drop the connection needed for printing.
In case you encounter any trouble while setting up your printer, you may seek assistance from the HP Support Assistant The capable team of technicians is available 365x24x7 for help.