Using an updated version of the Firefox web browser delivers faster search results and smoother experience. This cuts down the issue of sluggishly behaving browser and other concerns. Although you can get instant guidance by Firefox support team in case of errors, trying to update the browser and removing extensions will also help for the same.
Below are the steps on how to update your Firefox web browser to its latest version.
How to update Firefox web browser?
- Open the Firefox web browser
- Click on settings icon/ Gear icon at the right corner of the window
- A new tab will open, click ‘General’ from the left pane
- Scroll-down to Firefox updates right below ‘Digital Rights Management (DRM) Content’ section
- Click ‘Restart to update Firefox’
- Under ‘Allow Firefox to’, select ‘Automatically install updates (recommended)’ as your choice. It will automatically update to the latest version when updates are available
- The web browser it closes immediately and a dialogue box will appear updating the browser
- Once done, the updated browser will auto-open with ‘Congrats! You’re using the latest version of Firefox.’ on top
An updated version of Firefox support you to experience faster browsing experience, so make sure you keep it up-to-date.
However, other factors can also affect your surfing experience, such as web extensions. Many users choose to add web extension without knowing that it can block sites you visit including declining the performance. Removing such extensions is always in the option if you are facing such problems.
How to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox web browser?
- Open the Firefox browser to disable an extension and to get Firefox support
- Click More icon/ three horizontal lines icon at the top-right corner of the browser (at one end of the search bar)
- Select ‘Options’
- From the left pane, you will see these two options at the footer of the page-
- Extensions & Themes
- Firefox Support
- Select ‘Extensions & Themes’
- Make sure you are still on the same option (Extensions & Themes) from the left pane
- Click Remove button from the extensions you do not want
- If you want to disable the services, simply select Disable
The extensions are disabled/ removed. If you have other Firefox-related queries, you can go through the Firefox support option available on the web browser. Get Firefox support for different issues.
How to contact Firefox support?
- Open Firefox web browser
- Click ‘More options icon’/ the icon with three horizontal lines
- On the next page, you will have a ‘Firefox Support’ option at the left corner of the footer
- Press ‘Firefox Support’ and a new tab will open from where you can get general solutions
Alternatively, you can also directly contact Mozilla Firefox technical support if you are facing problems with new Mozilla update and so.