For your computer to run the specific tasks, it is fed with some commands, functions, and settings. These values are stored in a huge database for the programming purpose of the computer. Hence, Windows 10 also require these registry items to undergo a specific task.
However, at times, these registry items gets lost, corrupt, or broken. In this scenario, you do not know the ways to fix broken registry items windows 10. But undergoing some workarounds may help you in fixing these. So, in the following sections, we will have a glance at some common methods along with some other details related to the registry items.
Workaround to repair registry keys
There are a number of methods to fix broken registry items, but undergoing an automatic repair is one of the best methods. This feature is specifically available for the users of the latest version of Windows operating system.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings panel from the Start menu.
- After that, navigate to its main interface.
- Here, you need to click on ‘Update & Security’ to continue.
- After that, click on the ‘Recovery’ option.
- Under the same menu, click on the ‘Restart now’ present on the ‘Advanced Startup’ section.
- Wait for the options to appear on your screen.
- When they appear, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- After that click ‘Advanced’ options to continue.
- Next, click ‘Automatic Repair/Startup Repair’ whichever you see.
- On the next prompt, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Steps to fix broken registry items using System Restore
Consider going through the following section in order to fix broken registry items using System Restore. Use this method if the previous one failed.
- Using the search bar of your Windows device, launch the Control Panel.
- Here, select the ‘Recovery’ option.
- Make sure you have selected the View by Small icons.
- After that, click ‘Open System Restore’.
- Find this option present under the ‘Advanced’ recovery tools section.
- Next up, select the Open System Restore option.
- To continue, select ‘Next’ in the continuation window.
- Then, select the desired restore point and then select ‘Scan’.
In the end, you just need to follow some more prompts to complete the restoration process. With this, your system will get back to the point where your registry keys were not broken.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes broken registry items?
The presence of malware or viruses is the main cause behind broken registry items. Apart from this, fragmented registry keys or errors that took place due to abrupt system shutdown can also lead to broken registry items.
How do I clean my broken registry Windows 10?
To clean broken registry Windows 10, you need to press the Win+S keys together. Then, type ‘Disk Cleanup’ in the search bar and choose the first option from the list. Select the location where Windows has installed and tap ‘Clean up system files’ > OK.
How do I repair my damaged Windows 10?
To repair damaged Windows 10, press the Windows Key + X and then open the Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt, enter sfc /scan now and hit the Enter key. This will stimulate the repair of Windows 10.
Does Windows 10 have a registry cleaner?
No, Windows 10 does not have its own or the built-in registry cleaner. However, you may find some useful registry cleaners on the internet. In case you are planning to use one of them, then ensure to undergo a thorough research about it.