Taking a screenshot means you can capture an image of something which is currently present on your screen. Since when this function came into being, it has made a great difference in the technological world. This action highlights various aspects of taking a screenshot and other things that you can do with it. Also, you will get to learn the method to enable a screenshot, and how can you paste it. So, without wasting much time, let us discuss the ways through which we can do this.
Steps to take a screenshot on Mac
There are two different procedures according to the Mac version you are using and these two procedures are discussed below:
(Note: the procedure is specifically described for capturing the entire screen of your Mac device)
In macOS Mojave or later
- Open your mac device and then open the screen of what you want to take the screenshot of.
- From your keyboard, press the “Shift-Command-5”/ “Shift-Command-3” keys.
- This action will bring up the “onscreen capture controls” on your screen.
- From here, you have to click on the option that reads as “Capture Entire Screen”.
- This will turn the pointer into a camera.
- Using this camera, you can capture the screen of that particular display.
- You can also click on the “Capture” option to take the screenshot every display.
- Once it is done, you will see a thumbnail on the corner of your screen, using which you can decide to take other actions with your screenshot such as edit, move, etc.
- If you do not want to take any other action, you can simply wait for the screenshot to appear.
In all macOS versions
- Go to the screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- Simply, hit the “Shift-Command-3” keys from your keyboard.
- This action will capture the screen of every display.
- When it is done, you can find the screenshot on your desktop.
How to enable a screenshot on Mac?
A few simple steps to enable the screenshot keys on your mac are given below:
- In the first step, click on the “Apple” menu.
- Now, navigate to the “System Preferences” option and click on it.
- After this, click on the “Keyboard” option from the same window.
- When the “Keyboard” window appears, click on the Shortcuts tab.
- In this step, tick-mark all the boxes for which you want to enable the shortcuts.
- Check the box present next to “Screenshot”.
- In the end, close the window and start taking the screenshot by following the steps given in the previous article.
This procedure can also be followed if you want to know “How to turn on the screenshot on Mac?”
How to paste a screenshot on Mac?
Follow the steps given below to paste the screenshot you have taken:
- First of all, you have to hold down the “Command (⌘) + Shift + 4” keys all at once.
- This will bring up the screenshot selection tool on your screen.
- After this, hold down the “Control” option and make your selection on the screen. You can do this by using your mouse.
- Afterward, pull the document you wish to paste.
- Hit the “Command (⌘) + V” options and you are done.
How to screenshot on Mac air?
If you are using Mac Air, or MacBook Pro, then taking the screenshot on it is the same as taking the screenshot on any other macOS device.
- You just simply need to press the “Shift-Command-4” keys all at once by using your keyboard.
- This action will turn the pointer to a crosshair.
- After this, you have to drag to select the menu or the area which you want to capture.
- Now, release the mouse.
- This will take the screenshot of the area that is present inside the selected box.
You can also do other things with your screenshots such as taking the screenshot of a selection or a part of the screen. For doing this, you just have to follow certain steps after taking the screenshot.