Taking a screenshot is not a difficult task if you do it the correct way. If you do not know what a screenshot is and somebody has asked you to share one with them, then it is an image of something which is currently present on your screen. Be it a laptop, desktop, PC, or mobile phone, you can take a screenshot on any device which has a screen. In this article, you will find different ways to take a screenshot on devices running on Windows 10.
Easy way to take a screenshot on Windows 10 PC
Using the Print Screen button available on your keyboard you can easily take a screenshot. Not only this, you can save it as a file too.
- First of all, go to the screen of which you want to take the screenshot.
- Now, locate the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard.
- You may find it in between the F12 and Scroll Lock keys.
- After locating the key, simply hit it.
- The screenshot is now saved on your keyboard and you can paste it wherever you want using the Ctrl and V keys.
Note- you won’t actually see anything happening on your screen when you take a screenshot. Also note that, the “Print Screen” button might be labeled as “PrtScn,” “PrntScrn,” “Print Scr,” or something similar. If you encounter problems while you take a screenshot, seek immediate help from Help Number USA. These steps will prove to be helpful for the users of Acer and Toshiba.
How to save a screenshot on Windows 10?
After taking a screenshot, it is important to save it as well if you want the document for future reference. It is very easy to save a screenshot but the process is different for different keyboards. Below are given some of the shortcuts for saving a screenshot on a Windows device:
- Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn”
- Tablet users can press the “Windows logo button + volume down button.”
- On some laptops and other devices, you press the “Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrtScn” keys.
- If these do not work, press the “Windows logo key + Fn + PrtScn” keys.
Read more on- How to resolve Windows 10 not booting issue?
How to take a screenshot on Google Chrome?
- First of all, go to the “Web store” of your Chrome.
- Type “screen capture” in the search bar and click on the “Go” or “arrow” option.
- When the search result opens, select “Screen Capture (by Google)”.
- Now, tap on the install option present under it.
- Once it is installed, click on the “Screen Capture” button on the Chrome toolbar.
- Here, select the “Capture Whole Page” option.
- You can also press “Ctrl+Alt+H” keys altogether.
- When Chrome finishes taking the screenshot, it will display the Web page that allows annotations, sharing, and saving the capture.
Steps to take a screenshot on a laptop
Sometimes, your desktop, Dell Laptop, HP Laptop or a convertible device has an Fn key, then the PrtScn key does other things other than taking screenshots. In this situation, pressing the keyboard shortcuts that include“PrtScn” key will not result in taking the screenshot. You can try the following functions for taking screenshots:
- Press the Fn + PrtScn keys to take the screenshot of the whole screen and copy it to the clipboard.
- When you press the Fn + Windows + PrtScn keys, your screenshot will be captured and saved as well.
- When you want to take the screenshot of the active window, you used to press only the Alt + PrtScn keys, but on a keyboard that has Fn key, you can press Fn + Alt + PrtScn keys for getting the same results.
For users who are still facing issues in capturing a screenshot can learn other ways to take a screenshot. Although this article has already highlighted the basic steps to capture a screenshot, if you are not able to do so, you can dial the support number anytime.
Read Related Article – Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots