HP Printers are in the users’ preference list for many years as they are reliable, have high tech functionalities, and give excellent quality prints. Regardless of its multi-functionality features users come across various types of printing issues with their HP Printers. The most frequent issue which users have to face is “HP Printer Offline” issue.
This error could occur due to many reasons, one of them being the wireless connection between your printer and PC. If ever, this connection drops down, it results in the aforementioned issue. You cannot do the printing job until this issue is resolved. One thing could be done to get rid of this error i.e. you can download HP Printer Assistant on your device to resolve various printer related issues.
How to change the offline status to Online?
Reboot your Printer, PC and Wireless Router:
- Reboot your printer and turn it back on. The rebooting process will take a few minutes to complete.
- Disconnect the power cord of your router or turn it off.
- Shut down the device and remove the USB cables.
- Close all the programs running in the background.
- Turn the router back on and wait for a few seconds until it shows the status as connected.
- Move to the next method, in case your wireless connection is still dropping.
Rename the Wi-Fi network
In this method, you need to change the SSID of your Wi-Fi network though which your HP Printer is connected. To do this, follow the steps listed below:
- Search for the menu on the setup page of the router.
- Change the network name. Consider to give a unique name to it and save the changes.
- Connect your printer once again to the Wi-Fi network.
- If your device has an LCD control panel, then follow the instructions that prompt on the screen.
- Tap “setup”, followed by the “network menu”.
- Select the “Wireless setup wizard”.
- Now, press the “WPS” option on Wi-Fi routers.
- It will automatically catch and setup the new network connection.
By following all of these steps, you can completely solve “HP printer offline” setup issues.
If you have any problem following this procedure, you can get the best technical support guidelines from HP Support assistant to fix various HP Printer problems.