HP Printer Driver Is Unavailable
DIAGNOSIS & REPAIR
SETUP & INSTALL
To install a printer driver on your computer is the most essential step before you start printing. Regardless of your operating system and its version, having a printer driver is mandatory. Although, in most of the Windows-based operating system, printer driver comes pre-installed, if not, you will not be able to perform a single task without it.
Users generally see ‘Printer driver is unavailable’ message while setting up a printer. It is also possible that the printer is not compatible with the existing driver. Since there are countless brands offering the same service, people may have different products but the same problems. Whether you use HP printer, Epson printer, Sony, Canon, Brother or any other brand, you may come across ‘Printer driver is unavailable’ error message. If you are among the users, follow the steps below to install the driver.
How to get rid of ‘Printer driver is unavailable’ error message?
- 1. Check if your printer is properly connected with the computer
- 2. Go to your printer’s official website and check for latest printer drivers
- 3. Update the printer driver
- 4. Update Windows
- 5. Install printer app if you are using your phone to print and seeing ‘Printer driver is unavailable’ error
Still seeing the same error, this indicates that the printer is not compatible with the available driver. In such a case, uninstall the older printer driver and proceed with the following steps.
Troubleshoot ‘Printer Driver Is Unavailable’ issue
Step1: Uninstall Printer driver, which is incompatible with your printer and showing ‘Printer driver is unavailable’
- 1. Click Start icon
- 2. In the search field enter ‘print management’
- 3. Click on the icon with a printer
- 4. In the left pane of the window, click All Printers</li >
- 5. Right-click on the printer options and delete all the printers
- 6. Similarly, from the left pane, click All Drivers
- 7. Delete all the drivers
Step 2: Install a compatible printer driver online/ offline
- 1. Go to the official website of the printer brand you have, say HP or Brother
- 2. Check for available printer driver updates
- 3. Install the printer driver compatible with your printer’s model number
- 4. To install the driver via CD/ DVD, insert the disk
- 5. Let it load and then run the installation step
Complete the installation and connect the printer with your PC. If you are still seeing the same error message, get in touch with the official customer support providers.
Web & Email
Contact the Avast technical support number immediately and get a reliable solution of these issues so that they never happen again in future.
Webroot® WiFi Security + Virus Protection
The WiFi Security VPn and antivirus protection go hand in hand. To stay safe online, you need both. One protects your devices,one protects your connection,and both work together to give you security and privacy as you work, share, bank, and browse.
- Automatic protection over any network, even unsecured WiFi
- Safe and secure browsing to protect your identity and privacy online
- Advanced web-filtering to protect you from malicious or risky websites
* Only available on Windows® , Mac® , and AndroidTM systems