It is quite easy to program Comcast remote to TV. However, the process for different remotes is separate. You may go through the desired section to program your remote accordingly. Other than this, you may also connect your remote with audio/video (AV) receiver and other such equipment.
Before you could actually perform any procedure, you need to ensure which remote do you have. Once you know it, it will be easier for you to follow the corresponding process and program it respectively.
Find Comcast Xfinity remote codes
You may get to know about it every easily. All you need to do is check the backside of the remote and you will find its model number imprinted there. If you could find it there, it might be present inside the battery compartment. The model numbers usually look like a model numbers like XR-11, XR-15 or XR-16. Or, go to the Remote Code Lookup Tool for pictures of our most common remotes.
Steps for Comcast Xfinity remote setup with TV
- First of all, you need to aim the remote at your TV box or the streaming device you have.
- After this, you have to press the ‘Microphone’ or ‘Voice’ button.
- Then, you will see some instructions on your screen.
- Complete those instructions.
- Initiate by pressing the ‘A’ button on your remote.
- After this, choose ‘Remote Setup’ option on your TV.
- Further, you have to follow some instructions.
- Complete the steps for voice remote pairing.
- Follow the instructions for setting up power, volume and other input controls.
Steps to program remote to control TV
- At first, press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button.
- Now, say “Program remote” while holding the button.
- If that doesn’t work, go to the Settings page.
- From here, select ‘Remote Settings’.
- Further, select ‘Voice remote pairing’.
Remote setup using online Remote Code Lookup tool
You can easily do this by using the ‘My Account app’ and here’s how to do this:
- In the beginning, go to the Remote Code Lookup tool.
- Here, you need to select the Voice Remote you have.
- After this, click on the Continue button.
- Further, the steps are different for different remotes.
If the remote has a Setup button
- First of all, turn on your TV.
- Then, press and hold the Setup button until the light at the top changes from red to green.
- Next up, you need to enter 9-9-1.
- Now you need to continue pressing CH ^ button until the TV turns off.
- Once it does, press the Setup button again to lock in the code.
- Finally, press the TV power button on the remote.
- If it turns on successfully, you are good to go.
If the remote doesn’t have a Setup button
- The first thing you need to do is turn on your TV.
- After that, press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons altogether.
- Do this for up to five seconds until the light from red to green.
- Further, you need to enter the first five-digit code for the TV manufacturer whatever it is.
- If the code is correct, you will see the green light blinking twice.
- Furthermore, you need to aim the remote at the TV.
- And then, press the Power button.
- When the TV turns off, then turn the TV back on.
- Press the Volume and Mute buttons and check if they work.
- If they do so, you are all set.
Program your Comcast remote using the My Account app
- Open the said app on your Apple or Android device.
- Next, tap on the TV icon and then select your TV Box.
- Now, click on the ‘Setup a remote’ option.
- Swipe to find your remote control model.
- After selecting it, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Pick the TV with which you want to program it and follow some easy instructions.
This is how you program Comcast remote to Viziotv, LGtv, Samsung tv, Sony, and other TVs. In case of an issue, get help from Comcast Customer Service.