AOL is undoubtedly one of the most popular email services that are being used all across the globe. To enhance the security of your email account and the privacy of your AOL emails, you can add two-step verification feature to it. To know about 2-step verification, you can either contact AOL support or go through the below-given instructions:
Steps to enable 2-step verification
- Go to account security page in your AOL account
- Move the toggle button to the right to turn on 2-step verification
- Provide your mobile number in the right field
- Hit Send SMS or Call Me to receive the verification code as an SMS or via call
- Enter the same and hit Verify
How does this work?
The main motive of two-step verification is to protect your account from the cybercriminals. It also prevents the unauthorized access of your account. Just when you enter your AOL password to login to your AOL account, AOL sends you a code that needs to be entered to complete the sign in process. You will receive the code on your registered email ID or mobile number. If you are unable to access your AOL account then contact AOL customer service team for the immediate support services.
At any time, if you don’t want this feature then disable it by following these simple instructions:
- Open any web browser
- Login to your AOL account security page
- Go to Two Step Verification
- Move the toggle button to the left to turn off this feature
The best part of this specialized security feature is that it is also available in AOL Desktop Gold. Moreover, it doesn’t require a special password to login to your AOL Desktop Gold. For further information on this special AOL feature, call the official AOL support number and speak to a certified technician. You will be provided with the best possible solution.