Kaspersky VPN or Virtual Private Network available in Kaspersky Secure Connection enables users to use the internet without the worries of getting their confidential information leaked. Additionally, it privatizes your online identity and ensures the protection of the software and applications available on your device. It generally works when you connect your laptop or mobile phone to a public network. To know how to turn on Kaspersky VPN, contact Kaspersky online support team. However, if you want to enable it manually then here are the instructions:
- Install Kaspersky Secure Connection using the standard installation instructions
- Now, right-click on the notification panel and check if this security program is active in the background
- Click the Kaspersky Secure Connection icon
- If you don’t find Kaspersky Secure Connection in the notification panel, then open the Start menu and search Secure Connection from the list of programs displayed
- To turn on Kaspersky VPN, simply toggle switch over to activate
- You will be given an option to set location manually
- Change if required or leave it as it is
- It’s done
Whatever you will do on the connected network is secured now! After connecting your device to your home network, turn off the Kaspersky VPN. For any queries, call Kaspersky support executives. They will be glad to assist you.
Why should you always turn on Kaspersky while connecting to a public network?
If this is the question that is striking up your mind then read out the following points:
- Public networks such as at airports, restaurants, bars, etc. are not always secured
- Hackers can access these public networks quite easily, which may result in losing your confidential data
- Servers connected to the public networks may store the information such as your confidential passwords or banking information during transfers
- Public networks may store your information without your consent
- Public networks can redirect you to suspicious or infected websites
- If infected, the network can inject that infection to your device as well
For further information about Kaspersky Secure Connection or Kaspersky VPN, contact Kaspersky support online through email, live chat or by dialing their toll-free number.