Windows 10 won’t boot- Fix now
DIAGNOSIS & REPAIR
SETUP & INSTALL
Windows 10 won’t boot- Fix now
At times, you are unable to start your PC that is running on Windows 10 because of certain reasons. One of the most obvious reasons for the same could be a problem with your monitor or the connection with the motherboard of your computer. When you know the reason behind why is Windows 10 not booting, then fixing the issue becomes easy. Another reason why your Windows wont’s start could be the presence of Windows boot record errors. These errors are a major cause of Windows not starting, but fortunately they can be fixed easily. This article highlights the various topics that are dedicated to fixing this issue. So without further ado, let’s get started with fixing the issue i.e. “windows 10 won’t boot”.
How to resolve Windows 10 not booting issue?
You can try to use your PC in safe mode so that it starts to work as it should be. (Note: Before starting the procedure, it is recommended to remove all the USB devices that are connected to the PC.)
You can make your computer to enter the Safe Mode by stopping the boot process three times consecutively. This action will automatically trigger the Windows Recovery. When the recovery window displays “Choose an option”, then you have to select the “Troubleshoot” option. After this, select the “Advanced” option followed by the “Startup Settings”. From here, you can easily reboot your device in the safe mode. You can do this either by enabling or disabling the Internet.
Steps to fix “Windows 10 won’t boot after update”
To fix this issue, you need to perform a Startup Repair that you can do this by following the steps given in the next section.Using the installation disc you can set your PC to boot and load the files and here’s how you can do this:
- 1. Select the language, time and currency format, keyboard or input method from the Windows Setup interface.
- 2. After this, click on the “Next” option.
- 3. When you are redirected to a new page, click on “Repair your computer”.
- 4. Now, tap on the “Troubleshoot” option and then click on “Advanced” option.
- 5. Further, click on “Start-up Repair”.
- 6. From here, choose the operating system. This action will make the Windows to diagnose the problem with your PC.
- 7. If it finds out any problem, “Startup Repair” will try to fix it.
Fix- Critical process died and Windows 10 will not boot
When you see the message “critical process died windows 10 won’t boot” on your screen, then you are required to follow the steps mentioned in the next section:
- 1. Restart your device in Safe Mode.
- 2. Now, you have to open the “Device Manager”. Do this by pressing “Win + X”.
- 3. Look for the drivers with a yellow “!” mark. The driver with this mark against it means that it is faulty.
- 4. After this, uninstall and reinstall that particular driver.
- 5. It is recommended to install the latest version of the drivers so that it becomes compatible with your Windows device.
- 6. Try to boot your PC again and check if the issue is resolved or not. Read – Windows 10 now won’t boot, won’t recover, won’t reset, won’t repair
Cloned hard SSD won’t boot Windows 10 in HP PC- Fix it now
When your SSD is cloned hard, then it won’t boot your Windows 10 device. One should not worry in this situation as one can easily fix this issue. You can try to set the SSD to be the first boot option in your device. You can easily do this by changing the boot order by following the steps given below:
- 1. First of all, restart your PC and go to the next section.
- 2. Now, press “F2, F8, F12 or Del” keys constantly. This will generate the BIOS settings.
- 3. Using the arrow keys, go to the Boot tab and select the SSD as the first boot option.
- 4. After this, press the F10 key. This will save the changes you have done.
- 5. Restart your PC once again and see if the issue is still there or not.
You can also use HP Assistant to fix this issue. Also note that, the steps are same for the users who are using Lenovo laptops.
A quick fix for “Windows 10 won’t boot black screen”
Whenever you encounter this issue, you can easily fix it by following the steps given below:
- 1. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together from your keyboard.
- 2. This action will take you to a new screen.
- 3. Now, you have to click on the “Power” button which is available at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
What to do when your computer won’t boot to BIOS?
To fix this problem, you can follow these steps to clear the CMOS. Clearing the CMOS will allow you to boot your Dell, Acer, or any other PC.
- 1. First of all, disable all the peripheral devices that are connected to the computer.
- 2. Now, disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
- 3. After that, remove the computer cover.
- 4. Further, find the battery on the board.
- 5. Wait for a few hours, and then reconnect the battery again.
- 6. It is time to cover the computer and plug-in all the devices.
You can also try to reset BIOS to the factory settings. To do this, press F2 during the boot process, press F9 to set the defaults, and then press F10 to save the changes.
Web & Email
Contact the Avast technical support number immediately and get a reliable solution of these issues so that they never happen again in future.
Webroot® WiFi Security + Virus Protection
The WiFi Security VPn and antivirus protection go hand in hand. To stay safe online, you need both. One protects your devices,one protects your connection,and both work together to give you security and privacy as you work, share, bank, and browse.
- Automatic protection over any network, even unsecured WiFi
- Safe and secure browsing to protect your identity and privacy online
- Advanced web-filtering to protect you from malicious or risky websites
* Only available on Windows® , Mac® , and AndroidTM systems